Everyone has the potential to learn
At St. Monica’s we believe that everybody has the potential to learn. We pride ourselves on personalizing the learning for all students, as seen by the learning principles published in our learning and teaching documents.
We are directed by the National Curriculum, AUSVELS and we are always researching and adopting best practices to ensure Learning and Teaching is always current and engaging for every individual to reach their full potential.
Respectful relationships between students, school and families are fundamental to student achievement and development. Every child is competent and capable.
We believe that….
- Learning reflects the vision of the school community.
- Learning takes place through inquiry: questioning, exploring, experimenting and problem solving.
- Learning is active and social and best takes place through collaboration and interaction.
- Learning takes place when we feel secure, valued and are able to take risks.
- Learning needs to be challenging, meaningful, purposeful and engaging.
- Learning includes meta-cognition and reflection, and requires learners to take ownership of their learning.
- Learning takes place within a purposeful, engaging and flexible environment.